A selection of iPhone/iPod Touch applications to make living green easier.
1) GreenMeterGreenMeter measures your vehicle’s acceleration and computes engine power, fuel efficiency, your carbon footprint and how many barrels of oil you’re consuming. You can also input info on driving conditions, your driving habits, weather conditions and fuel type. Price: $5.99
2) GoodGuideWith over 70,000 item ratings, GoodGuide recommends safe, healthy and green products, ranging from household cleaners to food to toys. Price: Free
3) Ecobee Smart ThermostatUse your iPhone or iPod Touch to remotely adjust your Ecobee thermostat temperature, schedule a vacation, change the system and fan settings and receive alerts. Price: Free
4) Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood WatchThe official list published by the aquarium to help make sustainable seafood choices wherever you are. Choose a region and it provides a list labeled "Best Choice," "Good Alternative" or "Avoid." Price: Free
5) Find GreenFind Green assists you in locating green and sustainable businesses by industry (i.e., health and wellness), type (fitness, nutrition, doctors, etc.) and distance (walking, biking or driving). Powered by the GenGreenLife.com database. Price: Free